I’ve been a fan of Canadian power trio Rush for a long, long time but I hadn’t seen this video from 1975 of them playing Fly By Night until a couple of nights ago,
- Neil Peart not just wearing a cross, but the cross actually gets a bizarre sort of closeup…unless they were trying to show the awesome gold fringe detail
- Alex Lifeson looking like Peter Frampton in camp
- Geddy Lee before he’d ever discovered hair conditioner.
- A very early Neil drum kit with no high toms and three floor toms.
- A complete lack of focus on Geddy’s bass playing
- A very sad looking set that appears to have been a been from a high school production of Macbeth put painted black. Plus a banner. A forlorn banner.
- Neil doing a lot of Keith Moon stick moves plus twirls galore.
- I’m not even going to comment on Geddy’s shirt.
- A fisheye lens. Why not?